Sekisui Tatami MIGUSA Zen Collection
Japanese aesthetic sense in the modern space - Elegant beautiful space, modern "aesthetics" of Japan which is simple design with a commitment to the details.
Red accent color to create a sense of presence, the rich expression that light produces is suitable for a mature interior space. It produces a dignified appearance.
By weaving with red warp, an accent is created on a tatami mat that looks like a single color at first glance. In different times of the day, the color is greatly changed by the angle of light striking the red warp.
During daytime or nighttime when the light is enough, the attractive impression of the tatami changes.
1. Shin-getsu (New Moon) Express the night sky of the new moon in black with a profound feeling. The red warp accents the calm and gives a high-class impression.
2. Sei-kai (Deep Sea) Express the deepness of deep sea with dark blue. The shades like indigo gives the impression of being elegant and dignified.
3. Sho-rai (Matsuba) Deep green with the image of pine leaves and bamboo. The warm colors soften the feeling and create a high-quality impression.
4. Beni-tsubaki (Red Spring) Express the red that has an image of a bright rose flower that blooms in early spring. The intense shades produce a glamorous impression.
5. Usu-gumo (Thin Clouds) Express the colors in an image thin clouds in the winter sky. The gentle colors give the space an elegant and clean impression.
Sekisui MIGUSA Tatami "Zen Collection" is the winner of the Good Design Award 2014. Created with the Japanese aesthetic value that embraces the change of seasons and life cycle of all living things as a culture, and is designed to harmonize beautifully with contemporary interior spaces with various floor materials. The top surface consists of a flat weave while red is selected for its warp as a design element, which gives the tatami various appearances by the varying light cast from outside, thus perfecting it as a sophisticated floor material that never loses its luster.
Migusa Tatami is a super thin (1.5cm) and lightweight (4.2kg) tatami mat using special flooring "slip-proof" processing applied to the base, and no crate is required. It is convenient for storage in the store room when not required.